Tuesday, December 14, 2004

lucky

The bag I was holding in my hand twisted and seized in the winter wind, like a sick baby desperate for a comfortable position. My helpless hands were at the mercy of the wind. All of this in a flash, wondering why wind makes me anxious.

Today I am thankful for avoiding serious injury. I was boiling water for pasta when I decided to get the A/C adapter for my notebook from the box on the top cupboard above the stove. I pulled up a stool and reached for the box. There was a smaller box on top of it that I didn't see. As it fell toward me I dropped the big box. It fell onto the handle of the pot and in a split second I jumped away in time to avoid a potful of boiling water. Everything fell in the right place. Either someone was watching over me or I am a lucky girl.

No comments: