Sunday, April 10, 2005

pas de deux

Sipping an americano, sitting on my balcony, writing. It is a warm spring day with so much potential. I asked Michael when he would visit. I am waiting for an answer. I asked Simon if he wanted to get into a crowded elevator and shoot to the top of an unnaturally tall structure. He accepted. Today is many things, but dull is not one of them, though I feel content and relaxed.

Today I stopped in at Starbucks on my way home from the grocery store. I was planning on taking my coffee to go, but upon overhearing a conversation, I took a seat nearby. One man leafed through a stack of sheet music, the other leaning back in his chair. They talked about the music, how the set might look. The word 'stylized' kept coming up, along with a french term with multiple words I have heard before but can't remember. I know it reminded me of 'pas de deux'. I left, taking the rest of my coffee home.

Soon I will have a long shower, shave, exfoliate.

No comments: