Sunday, April 17, 2005

on doubt and impatience

Looking back at the last seven days, there has been so much going on. Today I went out with another guy. Sweet but slightly affected. I can't put my finger on it. Or perhaps, according to the theory below, I just didn't like him. Some of it may have to do with Simon. I really wasn't up for going out with someone else but I have no official reason to alter my routine.

He is travelling to the city for Passover and coming directly to my place Friday night. I am nervous and excited. These are the kinds of feelings I haven't had in a while. I keep thinking over and over that if nothing else comes from this, I am thrilled to know that my dating theory holds true. Doubt was creeping in each time I sensed impatience in my friends and family, everytime I got a, "just give it a chance'. What it comes down to is that you shouldn't have to try that hard. If you like someone, you will like them in spite of flaws you would have deemed to be the reason for not liking them had you not. Confusing, but I think it makes sense.

No comments: