Tuesday, June 27, 2006

tinted with fiction

This morning I woke up
After a full sleep
To a grey drizzling morning.
I got out of bed
Took my pills with a glass of water
And plugged in the kettle.
I poured a bowl of cereal
Threw in some blueberries
And sliced banana.
I made coffee
Took my breakfast to the table
Turned on the news
To which I barely listened
I looked out the window
Trying to imagine myself
Getting in the shower
Getting dressed
Walking to the subway
Sitting at my desk.
I decided to stay home
And here I sit
Still in my pajamas
At five o'clock
When normally I would be leaving work.
I watched 'So You Think You Can Dance'
And 'Law & Order: SVU'
(mostly for Detective Stabler)
I updated my resume
Read blogs
Wrote something
I won't use here:
A fiction
Grounded in a little truth.
Here I prefer to keep it as
A lot of truth
Tinted with a little fiction.

7 comments:

(S)wine said...

why?
why did you watch
"so you think you can dance?"
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Rachel said...

I don't know. I really don't. I guess I enjoy the krump and hip-hop. I just wish "lyrical" dance did not exist. It makes me want to vomit.

(S)wine said...

what in hell is krump?
i gotta get out more.

(S)wine said...

p.s. when are you going to get rid of this word verification feature? it's so...January.

(S)wine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel said...

Yeah, I guess it is very january. I can try it off and see what happens. A few spam comments might bring my numbers up.

And you don't have to get out more, you just have to watch "So You Think You Can Dance."

Urban Dictionary:

Krumping (also clown dancing or clowning) is a style of dance that originated in the African-American community of South Central Los Angeles, California. It involves elaborate face-painting and freestyle dance moves usually performed in competition with other crews.

(S)wine said...

Urban Dictionary...that's awesome. What else they gots in there? love the lack-o-word verification.

a tip: the spam seems to come when people post pictures on blogger via picasa or flickr.