Tuesday, February 28, 2006

bent into a z

I dreamt we sat in the front row of a large jumbo jet. The plane hovered and retreated from the ground as it came into the last leg of the descent. From the window I searched out runway. I realized we were coming in too fast and I braced myself. The plane passed the runway and continued on.

I assumed that there was more runway or that we would circle back, until I saw the railroad tracks. We were about to touch down. The tracks were surrounded by snow and a metal fence widely bordered each side. I resumed the crash position.

The plane came down softer than I expected. It slid with deceiving innocence. The nose clipped the fence and the plane slowly buckled into a jagged 'Z' under its massive weight.

Then I was outside on a field to the right of the tracks, looking at the aircraft, bent and broken.

I woke up. It was 3:47 AM.

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

hey, it could've been 7:47 a.m. that would have freaked you even more.

(S)wine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.