Thursday, May 19, 2005

what works for me

The ball is in my court but I have left the game. By ball I mean email and I still don't know if and what we were playing, but Simon emailed me back, said he was going to be on call the weekend I was in Montreal, but if it all works out, "it would be cool to hook up". Now if that doesn't scream, 'I'm crazy about you', what does?

He is done. He won't hear from me again.

I sound cold. I am. In fact, right now I am home sick - I have a cold. It came on suddenly and with a vengeance. I have been watching movies and blowing my schnoz all day. My head aches, my throat is like razor blades and I am starting to cough. This sucks. Just in time for the long weekend - my MO - only get sick when you are on vacation or on the weekends. I guess I could look at this as an extended weekend, right? The only place I am going today or tomorrow is the movie store and to see the tenor.

This morning I watched Hiding and Seeking, and Enduring Love. Interesting combination. The documentary was really well done. Such an interesting and human perspective. Messy, with much grey. Few clean lines in the second movie as well. On the surface clean lines are what I always think I want, but it is so very unsatisfying - quite the paradox I have set myself up with.

No comments: