Saturday, May 07, 2005

plateau breather

Despite a large pimple on my chin, having spent the last 2 weeks in an emotional hailstorm, bearing witness to sadness at work and with friends (too much to go into right now), today I feel good. It is sunny and warm, there is a big party tonight that I am helping plan and I am looking forward. Tomorrow I am going for a run in a park with a friend (sans orthotics). One of my closest friends is back from a month away and I really missed her. I bought an adorable lunch bag, painted my fingers and toes (first time doing it myslef in a long time) and it turned out nicely. I am wearing a cute outfit today: black bohemian skirt with t-shirt, pink blazer and great summer shoes. I bought a pair of pink havaianas and bought my friend a pair with a matching tank for her birthday. I went on a date with someone else on Thursday, which wasn't great, but going counts for something.

Simon wrote me on Monday to find out how I did in my run. I wrote him back and haven't heard from him since. When I checked email this morning I was strangely relieved. As far as I am concerned, it is over. I even have an email prepared to send him that puts it all out on the table should I hear from him again. It feels ok.

No comments: