Sunday, August 05, 2007

wild horses could drive me away

Why do the people in my building have to be such a bunch of losers? I mean seriously, it is a Sunday night of the long weekend, which is pretty much a Saturday night for all intents and purposes, and I [who I already know is a loser] sorted my dirty clothes and dragged them all the way down to the basement of my building only to find all the machines in use AND a line-up. At 10 PM. What the hell is wrong with you people?

The border was a nightmare. Almost three hours to get into the US, a solid hour out. The only reason Lana and I went there was so that we could spend the weekend with our girlfriend from NYC who was there visiting relatives. I can't believe that people go through that just to shop. Seriously? Too much.

Buffalo is a strange city. In an interesting sort of way. There were a lot of old run down brick buildings in the downtown core, some with faded advertisements painted on them. It's not beautiful by any stretch of the imagination but it is certainly interesting. My camera battery died before I got any shots of the city. I just googled it to see if I could find a good visual representation, but apparently few people are inspired enough to take pics.

So I leave you with a photograph of feral horses on the beaches of Sable Island, off the coast of Nova Scotia. Probably one of the more interesting places I'll never go. Not because I don't want to, but because you're not allowed unless you're a marine biologist or some shit.

7 comments:

Transcience said...

Oh no, that was almost an eggcorn! I think you mean "for all intents and purposes", though mistaking that as "for all intensive purposes" is a canonical eggcorn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggcorn

So that's a small critique, but also remember that I love your writing.

Rachel said...

Thanks funk.

(S)wine said...

yea well...
i DON'T love your writing
AND
you need an editor.
one more strike
and you're done here.

but hey, speaking of wild horses
did you know about this?
http://www.nps.gov/archive/asis/horses.htm

Rachel said...

Wow, a'x. don't hold back. Tell me what you REALLY think.

(S)wine said...

uh, that was a joke.
apparently, not a good one.

Rachel said...

No, no. All your jokes are good.

Jeans Pants said...

Wow, thats a great picture. I would love to see horses just walking on the beach. To me anyways, thats a good pic