Sunday, November 28, 2004

Let's start at the very beginning

A very good place to start - ok enough with the Sound of Music, but I am excited to start this new blog, despite the fact that I just spent my Saturday night reading research for hours for a paper I am writing. My life is changing in so many ways that I am sure it is bound to be reflected in my social life eventually. It seems that as I move out of my twenties I have discovered a greater sense of freedom and independence, perhaps more than I want. You see, at the same time that I am becoming more financially sound, my closet better stocked, my apartment filled with adult things, it is becoming clearer that there is something missing. I am old enough to know that having someone in my life won't complete me in the concrete and perfect sense of the word, but I am ready to take it on - the incredible with the complicated.

I love to write, yet I haven't got it all figured out yet. I write for school and some basic technical writing for work, but in terms of the writing that I love, I still think there is a veil hanging over it for me and I am working on a way to come out from under it. There is the possibility that there is no veil and that this is it, but I have a sense that there is, and that if it is no longer in the way, I will be able to speak. I will finally be able to communicate all that I capture. I think this is a good place to start.

No comments: