Sunday, November 28, 2004

Good morning sunshine

This morning I woke up and was inspired to make myself french toast, one of my favourites growing up. My Mom makes the best, by far. I have no idea how I managed to do it, but it turned out gross. I actually couldn't even eat it. How I could screw this up, I do not know. I have made it before, so I am mystified. Maybe when My Mom made it she didn't use heavy duty high fiber bread... I think back then we ate white. I assume it must be that, because, although I am no Nigella Lawson, I do know my way around a kitchen.

I just heard on the news that there was a huge mine explosion in China. I hope everyone is rescued. What a stark contrast to the reality in my apartment and what it must be there - and so many other places.

Today I have to keep reading and perhaps start writing my paper. I would prefer to have a manicure, do a few errands, and go to the grocery store. It is difficult when some of the temptations are necessities of life (no, not the manicure). I really do need to go grocery shopping, so I may have to find a way to fit that in.

I just realized something. It is Sunday. Usually I hate Sundays. I get a horrible 'sunday' feeling in my stomach and generally feel down. I have felt like this since I can remember - back in grade school. I am pleased to say I feel pretty good today. Let's not question it too much - just enjoy.

A friend of mine is setting me up with this guy she has never met but her friend (who I have never met) and my friend talked and they think that we would get along. I wasn't sure if this was a good enough connection, but since I know I need to get out there more often, I said yes. All I knew going into this is that he is a funny lawyer. So the funny lawyer and I had our first conversation last week. I was exhausted, so perhaps I wasn't my most receptive, but he did tell long lawyerly stories. I still think he sounds nice and has potential. We tried to make plans but I said I was busy for the weekend and he said he was away on business for most of the coming week. He said to call him if I find time last minute on the weekend and I said that I didn't expect that would happen. He then called me on the weekend and I was busy (as I said I would be)_ and didn't get a chance to call him back. I called him later in the week to say that I hope his trial went well etc... but he wasn't home (I left a msg). He hasn't called me back yet. We will see....


No comments: