Friday, March 18, 2005

rusty hunch

It has been a while and I thought I would take a moment for updates. I went out on the limb, emailed the guy (Simon), thanked him for coffee and told him I would like to go out again next time he is in town. In contradiction to my hunch (which has of late been rusty), he responded promptly, and sounded very enthusiastic. He even told me I was pretty (which is hard to do without sounding gay).

Since then we have been carrying on a sordid (I wish) email affair. If I could draw the progress on a graph it would start low and cautious, swing up to a dramatic peak, stay there a while, and then as of yesterday, drop down significantly (precisely when he let me in on his dream of being a busker, called me "Dude", and raved endlessly about skiing and "chilaxing"). Today there has been a modest recovery. I have a tendency to see things in black and white when I get stressed. I guess today I feel a little more chilaxed and his most recent email was a little less dormitory-cliche.

It has been 3 weeks since I stopped smoking - I think that is part of the reason why I haven't posted. I am not in the mood to attend to the obligatory stop-smoking dialogue. I just haven't been smoking, so far so good. I don't really feel like I am missing anything at this time. My life feels normal. I whitened my teeth as my incentive - which I love, and I have been going to the gym. It feels really good. Enough said.

No comments: