Tuesday, January 15, 2008

good enough

I went back to spinning today. Still didn't have my whole heart in it. Not loving the whole 'team spirit' thing.

"Keep it going!", she yelled in the microphone that was pinned to her skimpy lululemon top.

"For ten. Nine. Come on people! Say it with me. Eight. Seven."

"Fuck off" I said under my breath, wiping a line of sweat from my forehead. I mouthed the numbers when the instructor looked my way. Just couldn't bring myself to say it out loud. Still went though, which is good enough.

And this afternoon I got three-speaking of counting-interview requests. Three. A couple of weeks ago I made a decision, sent out a few resumes, and in one afternoon, three calls. Not only do I not feel like I'm dragging my body down a sandpaper road at the prospect, I am excited at the notion of change.

A lack of drag may not sound so good, but it is. It is how I know I'm doing the right thing.

No comments: